Winter English Classes
The Winter Adventures℠
program is centered around the General English classes. Based on Rennert's popular Vacation 'N Learn® curriculum, the English program emphasizes conversational skills in the classroom reinforced by staff-led workshops and field trips in the New York City.
English classes are student-centered, communicative, and designed for teens by highly qualified, experienced native-speaking teachers. In addition to their often impressive ESL credentials, many of Rennert's teachers have interesting backgrounds in acting, art, music, dance, sports, finance, film and college preparation.
Students will not just take general English classes, but also elective classes such as Media, Dance, College Bound, Fashion, or NY Culture. This class is designed to spark student interest and engage them on a topic they are passionate about.
- 10 general English lessons per week
- 10 lessons in an elective (Media, College Bound, Dance, Fashion or Culture); Dance class has a weekly supplement
- Small groups with a maximum of 12 students
- Ample speaking time with more one-on-one attention from the instructor
- Various levels to accommodate students' needs
- Emphasis on speaking, group activities, pair work, projects and presentations
- Certificate upon course completion and weekly progress reports