American English Program
Rennert's Teaching Method and Philosophy
"R.E.A.L" English- The RENNERT Experiential Approach to Languages:
- A language must be experienced in order to be learned.
- Communicative approach - Our English classes are student centered (with the teacher talking 15% of the time and the students talking 85% of the time).
- Teachers are dialogue facilitators.
- Students practice using language skills necessary for meaningful, practical everyday situations.
- Grammar is learned inductively and always in the context of natural conversation.
- Stimulating role-playing activities, discussions, problem-solving, pair work and group activities are part of all of our group language courses.
- Newly acquired language skills are continually reinforced through speaking, reading, writing, and listening exercises.
- Communication and full immersion are stressed from day one.
- University-trained and internationally experienced native English speakers establish close personal contact with students.
- Students and instructors go on frequent cultural excursions in and around our schools in New York City and Miami.
- Many on-site workshops are offered as an integral part of all of Rennert's language programs.