How to apply for a student visa

Once you have booked with Rennert, the next step is to apply for your student visa, the F-1 Visa. Our dedicated bookings team will help you to gather all the information you need in order to apply for it. 




You will need: 

  • Bank statements: providing evidence that you have the necessary funds to cover your stay.  

  • Sponsor’s financial information if you are being sponsored 

  • Passport – it must have six months left on it at the end of your intended stay. 

From here, our team will issue you the I-20, which is the document you will need in order to make an appointment at the US Embassy nearest to you.




Also keep in mind that there is a fee to register your I-20 with SEVIS (Student Exchange Visitor Information System) the fee is currently $350, but you can check online for any changes. Please keep in mind that this payment is made directly to SEVIS and not the school, it is a government requirement, and you must pay it no matter the outcome of your Visa application. It really will make the process smoother if you have everything you need when you go to the Embassy. Check out our Terms & Conditions for more detailed information about the student visa process.

After you arrive in at Rennert International

Once you have your visa you can come to the U.S, the school will register your F-1 Student Visa with SEVIS and you will be officially a full-time student. You must maintain your status through having excellent attendance, please note that if your attendance falls below 80% your visa can be terminated by law, but we are sure you will enjoy your classes and attend every day.

Rennert IALC Logo
Rennert NYSED Logo
Rennert ST AWARDS Logo
Rennert OET Logo
Rennert NAFSA Logo

Please enter your email before downloading our brochure. Get Rennert promotions and news delivered straight to your inbox!