Foreign Language Group Classes FAQ
1. When are you open?
Our office hours are MondayĖThursday 10:00 a.m.Ė7:00 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m.Ė5:00 p.m.
2. It says on your website that your classes are ongoing. What does this mean?
Think of our class enrollments like a magazine subscription. Once your current enrollment has expired, you can re-enroll and continue to advance until you reach your desired level of fluency. Classes automatically level up, so there is no need to change classes.
3. I enrolled for a new beginner class that hasn't started yet. Can I cancel my enrollment?
To receive a full refund, you must do so at least seven days before the class start date. Any subsequent withdrawal from a contracted course, for whatever reason, will result in forfeiture of the total cost of enrollment.
4. I see that classes will have between 4 and 9 students. What if the enrollment is less than 4 students?
First of all, don't worry. Many people enroll at the last minute. In the worst case scenario, we'll contact you the day before the class and offer you alternatives.
5. I am currently enrolled in a class, but I can no longer continue. What should I do?
If you are in a class and cannot continue, please call and notify us of your situation as soon as possible so we can work with you to find a solution. We cannot credit you for classes you have already missed.
6. Do I get a certificate or diploma after I finish my enrollment?
You may request a certificate of completion if you need it for reimbursement or other purposes.
7. Can I get college credit for your classes?
Because we are a private language school, we are not authorized by the state to directly award credit for our classes. However, since we use college-level materials, several standardized exams do award college credit as well as institutional exams given by most colleges and universities. Ask your school which exams they accept for credit purposes.
8. I signed up for the minimum enrollment, but Iím really enjoying my classes. Can I extend my enrollment?
Yes. All new students have until the second week of class to upgrade their enrollment and only pay the difference If you are beyond your second week of class, you will need to re-enroll for a new 4, 6, 8 or 12-week enrollment to continue.
9. I signed up for a 12-week enrollment and Iíve missed a class. How do I schedule my make-up?
If you miss a class during a 12-week enrollment, you automatically get a 13th consecutive class added to your enrollment. If you are unable to attend the 13th consecutive class, you forfeit your make-up lesson.
10. I didnít sign up for a 12-week enrollment. Do I get a make-up for a missed class?
No. Enrollments are for consecutively scheduled classes. Only the 12-week enrollment comes with a make-up. You can always schedule a private make-up session at the regular hourly rates.
11. I have to miss class. What should I do?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so the instructor can plan accordingly. If you would like us to send you the homework, just let us know.
12. I like my group, but I think Iíd do better in private lessons. Can I switch?
Yes. We can apply your account balance towards a private lesson package. Please call us as soon as you decide to do this as any classes you miss before notifying us will be deducted from your enrollment. We will work with you on arranging lessons that will fit your schedule.
13. I feel like Iím getting behind, what can I do?
If anything about your class is not working for you, come to speak with us. There are many options that we can provide from setting up a one-time private catch-up lesson to placing you in a new group.
14. I have some concerns regarding my class/teacher/enrollment/payment. What should I do?
We want to hear any concerns you have. Feedback helps us improve our courses, and we want to ensure that every one of our students has the best possible experience we can provide. Please notify us as soon as possible since it is much easier for us to address an issue sooner rather than later and we are happy to do so. You may send an e-mail to email@example.com or call our main number 212-563-7580 and speak with anyone in our office. You are welcome to request that your feedback remain anonymous.
15. How do you schedule classes around the holidays?
For our holiday schedule, please go to http://www.abclang.com/holiday-schedule.
16. A severe weather warning has been issued. Will classes be canceled?
We will contact you if a class is canceled. We will post an announcement on our website and send out an e-mail or call students to notify of any cancellations. If you do not hear from us, this means classes will run normally. Typically classes run unless Manhattan public schools are closed, or the MTA has initiated its Winter Bus Routes.
17. What happens to my enrollment if my class is canceled for any reason?
Your enrollment is for consecutively scheduled classes, not necessarily weeks. For example, if you signed up for 6 weeks but one class was canceled due to a holiday and another because of a snowstorm, you 6-week enrollment will be covered in 8 weeks.
If you still haven't found what you're looking for, please contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to speak to us in person, call directly at 212-563-7580.